Join food leader Alberto and his Michelin Star kitchen for a day immersed in the world of truffles. These precious tubers are sought out by experts all over the world and in many cases are worth their weight in gold. Alberto and expert food guide, Helena lead you in these extraordinary programs for the truffle-lover or simply truffle-curious.
The trifulau, truffle hunter, and his trusty dog show the way in the search for black Scorzone or Marzuolo truffles, white truffles, or Bianchetto truffles, depending on the season. Prized hunting dogs are trained to sniff out the little gems and show the location to their master (without eating the truffle, as was the habit of the truffle-pigs).
Paired with the truffle hunt in the hills of Emilia-Romagna outside of Bologna, is a hands-on cooking class in Alberto’s Michelin Star kitchen. Learn about using truffles in cooking paired with homemade egg pasta such as tigelline or tagliatelle, hand-rolled potato gnocchi, golden polenta, second courses of seared sirloin with truffle glaze, farm-fresh eggs with truffle shavings and more. Informal discussion includes truffle storage and preservation and dinner follows. Enjoy the fruits of your labor after class.
Afternoon Truffle Hunt Followed By Cooking Class, Aperitivo & Dinner
- Start your afternoon at 2:30pm with a truffle hunt with our expert.
- Return to the kitchen at about 4:30pm for a hands-on cooking class learning about truffle use in the kitchen, pairings and preservation.
- Enjoy an aperitivo after class, featuring truffle & Colli Bolognesi wine, followed by about an hour of free time to relax or stroll through town before dinner.
- Dinner is served at about 8pm with the truffle menu made in class. Wine/beverages not included.
$795 per person, based on double occupancy includes truffle hunt, hands-on cooking class, aperitivo, dinner following, transfers from/to downtown Bologna hotel, English speaking food guide throughout the experience. All taxes and Italian VAT included.
* Please note, in the spring the White Truffles are not available however there is the possibility of finding prized black truffles: Scorzone and Marzuolo based on the season.
* One-day cooking classes do not include transportation, accommodations, or any other excursions. If you would like to add on transfers to and from your hotel or cruise ship port ~ please let us know your group size and we will be happy to provide a price and reserve the transfer(s) for you. If you have a non-cooker who would like dine, but not cook, please let us know and we will also send you pricing.